Memories

When I was a teenager back in Kansas, we had this thing my sister and future sister in law used to do to boys we liked. We "HEART ATTACKED" them. We went to their room, or bedroom door, or car, or whatever we could get our hands on and taped heart shaped paper, or toilet paper, or write on windows if applicable, etc etc, you get the idea. It was an honor to be attacked by us 3! Well the weekend of General Conference, we didn't have anything to do since all the boys were at the meeting, so we went and "HEART ATTACKED" the boys cars that we had crushes on at the time, or any car we recognized as a friends. It kinda became a tradition. We did it every Priesthood session. When the meeting was almost over we would hide and wait for the reactions. The guys would always come running out to see who got it this time. They might have acted upset, but they LOVED it! We were the 3 coolest chicks around, if I do say so myself!! I miss my sisters and wish we could spend more time together, especially since we all have young kids!! (Just so we all know, Kelli is my twin and Alyssa married my brother. Alyssa is the blonde in the middle and Kelli is the one that looks nothing like me!) TO KELLI AND ALYSSA: I want to thank you ladies for giving me some of the BEST memories! You girls saved me in so many ways. By your example, your love, and your friendship! I miss you ladies and hope one day we can all live on the same block and get together everyday and knit or something together? (I don't knit but in this reality where we all live close, I do!!)

3 comments:

Wonder Woman said...

Heart attacking was so much fun! And I miss you and kelli, too. So much. I wish that we could live closer now when our kids are little, but I'm going to wish it when they're older, too. They'd all have so much fun together, not to mention the fun we'd have!

Someday, someday...

p.s. this pic is from the day that I realized I was going to marry your brother!

Grammy of 9 said...

This pic was taken at Mallory's bridal shower, if I remember right. I always thought "heart-attacking" was the coolest thing ever, and Pennie and I loved that our girls did it together. Even before Alyssa was "OURS".

Nikki said...

It was Mallory's reception.