New table

Up till a week ago, we were still a 2 seater table for a family of 5. It was crowded, but I didn't want to spend the money for a table to sit us all. A table for 6 to 8 people is pretty expensive. Well anyway, I was taking the trash out and someone had left a table out by the dumpster. So I took it. I bought chairs that were on sale and some stain. It looked like this. With some sanding and elbow grease, some dark cherry oak stain and black stain, it now looks like this...... Pretty awesome for dumpster diving huh?

8 comments:

Ann said...

Looks wonderful. And all for the cost of the chairs, some stain and hard work. I hope you eat many happy meals at this table.

Rina said...

Oooo! nice work! It looks very pretty! And I think we have those same chairs.

Leesa said...

That is awesome!!

Unknown said...

Love the table. Way to go Nikki!

Nat said...

Wow! It looks so good! Talk about having some good luck.

Grammy of 9 said...

Gorgeous! I'm glad it turned out so nice for you. You must have gotten your talent from me! How wonderful that your entire family can have a meal together now!

The Studes said...

that turned out great! I would have never thought to do somethign like that I would have just let it look the way I found it!

Wonder Woman said...

The table's gorgeous! And I love the chairs. ;o) Way to go, girl.