Introducing Thaddeus Eugene Richardson

Sorry it took a while for the update, things have been busy, but anyway, things went at planned and I went in Monday the 29th at 6:30. Got jelled and that sent me into labor on my own. from about 8 in the morning till 2 I was in serious pain. I had to wait till I was a four before the epidural but when I was a four at 2 o'clock the doctor had an emergancy downstairs and I had to wait another hour. By then I was a 5 and when I laid down from the epidural my water broke and I had the worse pain I have ever felt. The contraction sent me from a 5 to a 10 in less than 10 seconds! The epidural hadn't started working yet, but I had to push so I had Thad 5 minutes after getting the epidural at 3:43pm. It took effect about 10 minutes after he was born. When my water broke with Piper I had her about 30 minutes later and with him 5 minutes later. If my water breaks on its own next time I think it might come out with it!! He was 8 pounds and 9 ounces and 20.5 inches long with tons of blonde hair!! He is doing great and I am feeling awesome! I love being a mommy of two! It is hard to make time for just Piper but we manage and Piper loves loves loves her baby brother! Always wants to hold him and kiss him and show him her toys! It is so cute! So far he has put up with it really well! Life is great and Sam and I count our blessings everyday! We are one blessed little family!

4 comments:

Wonder Woman said...

I can't believe they made you wait then it didn't even kick in in time!!! ANNOYING! Well, I guess we've all done it without meds, now, but NEVER AGAIN!!!!!

Adjusting is hard, but totally possible, as I'm sure you're finding out. I love that Piper's such a good big sis already. I know that Eric's going to be a good big brother, just gotta convince YOUR big brother that we should go for it!!

You guys look great, and he's adorable. Eric's hair looked just like that when he was born.

Natalie said...

You guys are awesome. I can't believe how fast he came!! He is adorbale.

Paige Turnbow said...

Congrats! He is adorable.

Richardson Five said...

Cute, cute! I am so excited for your fam to have Thaddeus as your new addition. You have such beautiful children.