Carpet picnic

One of Piper and I's favorite things is to have a carpet picnic. I always make them eat at the table. It is less messy, but sometimes we get out a blanket and make a mess. Piper loves to make a mess and she knows I don't let it happen often, SO when it does she LOVES IT! I will go to McDonald's maybe once a month or so and get the kids Happy Meals. And when I do that, Piper knows that we will have a carpet picnic. It absolutely make her day. We had our first one with Thaddeus the other day and it didn't go to bad. He definitely made a bigger mess than Piper and I do, but he's got to learn sometime right? I hope it is the little things that make my kids happy. Little and cheap things! I hope not to be poor all of our lives and when we do have money I hope that I won't forget to do the little things like a carpet picnic. I love the little memories I am making for myself as well as for my kids. I hope they only have happy times like a messy picnic on my living room floor, and forget all the bad like when mommy gets mad and yells. I just want my kids to grow up happy and know that they are loved. Loved more than words!

2 comments:

Rina said...

My boys love picnics. I am happy we've had so much nice weather so we can do outside picnics on the deck instead of carpet picnics! (I also hate these because of the extra mess...)

Grammy of 9 said...

I love that you are making these beautiful memories for both them and yourself. I don't know if you remember any of the fun things we used to do, but I sure do. I think you are such a good mommy. I am so proud of you...