Spiral Fracture

We went to my folks this past weekend for my birthday. We went to my Grandpas house for Sunday dinner and Thaddeus fell off his teeter totter and broke his leg. He has a spiral fracture in his left leg. He will be in a cast for 8 weeks. He will not be able to walk for 8 WEEKS!! So I am home bound for about 10 weeks cause the doctor said after the cast is off he still wont walk on it for a good 2 weeks afterward. Thankfully it wasn't in any of the joints, so there isn't any need for surgery!! I feel so horrible! I feel even worse that it is 22 degrees outside and he didn't have any pants on! Sorry about the pictures. He wasn't really in the mood for a photo shoot!

6 comments:

MegRich said...

Aw. Poor buddy. I can't imagine what that would be like! By the way- whatever came of Piper's leg. Did she end up having to wear a cast? I can't remember.

Grammy of 9 said...

I feel horrible because I had prayed so hard for nice warm weather so the kids could play outside! If we had still had 3 feet of snow on the ground, this would have never happened! Tell Sam there's enough guilt to go around for all of us!. Poor little T-bud. Poor mommy and daddy, too! Maybe Odi will become a little more independent, though???

Paige Turnbow said...

Poor little boy...Good luck with him.

Laura said...

:( So sad! Poor little guy. Eight weeks is such a long time, I can't even imagine what it feels like for a toddler. Hopefully it'll fly by though, for all your sakes.

Rina said...

Ohhhhh.. Poor guy! I hope the next 8 weeks go fast for you guys. And I hope Thaddeus feels okay too.

Richardson Five said...

The old Toddler fracture. I be he has started trying to walk in the cast. They all do once the pain of the fracture goes away. 8 weeks seems pretty conservative I would remove it in 6. Call them back and bargin for getting him out sooner. JK you will be one of those moms if you do.
Nate