Take 2

So we were invited to go to the Zoo this afternoon with a bunch of friends. We had a blast! Of course I forgot my camera, but believe me, we had a good time. But that is not what this blog post is about. I lost my son yet again today. The Zoo parking lot shares a parking lot with a playground. After we left the Zoo my kids wanted to go play. They had some energy still in there so I agreed. We played and ran and Acey crawled all over the place. Once we all started to whine and I knew they had had enough. I gathered them all and told them it was time to go home. I bend down to buckle Ace in the stroller for about 7 seconds and when I look up Bud is gone! I tell Piper to go through the play structure and get him. She comes back and says, he isn't in there. So I walk around and he is no where. After about 10 minutes of looking and searching I think to myself, "Maybe he went to the car" So I take the other 3 down to the car, buckle them in and go back to the park. (Don't worry, I could see them the whole time, don't call CPS on me, at least not for that part!) I am starting to really lose it at the this point. I am asking people if they have seen him, I am yelling his name, and after another 10 minutes or so, I get my phone out to call 911 and I spot him on the other side of the playground holding some lady's hand. I ran over there and start thanking the lady profusely! Apparently, he was back at the Zoo gates looking for me. WHY IN THE WORLD? The lady said she was in her car and saw him looking confused and sad. So she stopped, got out and asked him his name and what my name was and where he last saw me. He answered all the questions correctly, just like I have taught him, and we were reunited. After 20 minutes of searching and crying and freaking out, I find him. I know Heavenly Father hears and answers prayers. Once I remembered to pray to my Heavenly Father he showed up about 30 seconds later!  He isn't running to be naughty. He honestly just doesn't think! What am I going to do with this kid?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you need to implant or tie one of those large strobe lights to him! I'm glad you are all ok!